Most likely to: Win the finisher photo contest at the Chattanooga Ironman by crossing the finish line in a sheer singlet and swinging on a wrecking ball.
I live and grew up in Perry, Ohio my whole life, and contrary to popular belief it is on not on the other side of the world. This is also where I do most of my training. It’s low traffic and really is perfect for all types of training.
I’ve been racing now for about 10 years, and what started out as a one and only marathon on a dare and has developed into much more. After completing my first marathon I was hooked and started racing triathlons. I would like to say my athletic career has been all roses and daises but that just wouldn’t be me, I’ve have had to learn the hard way how to race much like my life. Everything from not drinking iced tea while racing to my Jane Fonda headbands, and yes, how to pedal a bicycle for the first time with clip in pedals.
On a personal note I have to admit as much as it kills me but I seem to struggle with directions, so much so that sometimes I feel like Hansel and Gretel and always getting lost. I’m also a talker and prefer to do most of it while riding and running. My friends have also plenty of nicknames for me as well from ” Cash or Crash ” to ” Dynamite ” which I think just adds to my character.
I have been very fortunate in my life to have raced abroad, from New Zealand to St. Croix, and all over the U.S. and can’t find a better way to see the world. In my travels I’ve completed numerous marathons, triathlons and Ironmans. I think the best part of racing is being able to push yourself to limits while creating new chapters in one’s life.
- Maple Sap run 5 mi run – 30:02, 1st AG, 6th OA
- St. Malachi run 5mi run – 29:43, 5th AG, 34th OA
- Williamsburg, VA 70.3 – 4:57:34, 10th AG, 43th OA
- Wisconsin Dells, WI 70.3 – 4:54:15, 3rd AG, 11th OA
- Giant Eagle Oly – 2:03:54
- Union Hospital Half Marathon – 1:28:48, 2nd AG, 16th OA
- Triple T – Team Division – Janet and I placed 3 rd OA coed team.
- Sandusky, OH 140.6 – 11:45:58, 7th AG, 53rd OA
- Venice FL 70.3 – 4:50:20, 2nd, 25th OA
- Run for Regis marathon division 1st OA
Triple T, REV 3 WV, Ironman Chattanooga, Columbus Marathon, and bunch of local events!!
* 2013 Union Hospital Half Marathon – 1:28:48 – PR
* 2013 Rev 3 FL half ironman – 4:50:20 – PR
* 2012 Columbus Marathon 2:59:32 – PR
* 2012 Rev 3 Sandusky Ironman 11:19:03 – PR